So, I usually don’t pay any attention at all to unsolicited emails, but this one came through a trusted source, so I looked.
She sent me a link to a page that has MORE links. But these links are for Free Commercial Use Fonts.
Caveat: I have not tested all the links on this page, nor have I read all the licensing, but the few I tested link to legitimate sites, and there’s a variety of really excellent fonts on this list, so I had to share.
Techsmith is working hard to help people to our new world of remote learning and working environments, during COVID 19.
So, they’re offering their premiere screenshot/markup/video screen capture tool SnagIt for FREE to those in corporate or academic settings, during this crisis. If you’re a member of this community, please click here to receive a license.
For those who don’t qualify for the FREE license, for only $49.95, you can have SnagIt software to records full screen screenshots, partial screen screenshots, video screen recordings (with choice of including the webcam), and a powerful editor and markup. See the shots below for a better idea:
Once again, PremiumBeat.com is offering stuff for FREE!
Today, they announced a free plugin that works with almost all NLE’s (non-linear editors, for those of you who don’t do video). And, that plugin includes lots of free effects to be used in your work, along with a quick tutorial on how to use them (the transitions aren’t applied as you may be used to – they use track mattes and such – easy though). There’re also some effects using my favorite “toy” – blending modes.
I don’t recommend using all of these as they’re created – but they’re cool enough that you can. But, you can also make them your own, amending their contents to your preferences.
Check out the FREE plugin and content – you’ll be happy to have this resource. I know I am!
I DO! I love to get free shared items and then tweak them to my own settings and aesthetic preference and needs. Well, our friends at Premium Beat have done just that (through Rocketstock)
Check out THIS PAGE for some fabulous Action Compositing elements, Space Textures, Motion Graphics Templates (for Premiere Pro), and other great items.
I’m a FAN!
As of tomorrow, October 6, 2017, On1 Is offering a download of a FREE public beta of their powerful and intuitive On1 Photo RAW 2018 application.
To Download the Public Beta and give it a try, click HERE
This new update includes:
- HDR module, Pano module, tons of updates in masking (Luminosity mask, luminosity zone masks, global mask adjustments, color range masks and more) – in one app!
- Versions or virtual copies
- New user interface
- New color brushes
- ON1 Photo for Mobile
- See bottom of post for details including Pricing and Availability
To Learn What’s new, Watch This Overview Video! https://youtu.be/k6QWJaqwdNU
Here’s the Press Release for On1 Photo RAW 2018:
Portland, OR – October 3, 2017 – ON1, Inc. announced a new version of ON1 Photo RAW coming at the end of the month. There will be a free public beta of this latest release available Friday October 6th. Along with the essential tools and features needed in a photography workflow, ON1 Photo RAW 2018 includes key updates to the fast, non-destructive raw processing engine. Photographers will now have an integrated tool with accelerated photo management, precise photo development, hundreds of customizable photo
effects, fast and beautiful HDR, pano stitching, masking and blending adjustments, layers, and much more – in one app.
From the beginning the ON1 community has driven the development of ON1 Photo RAW based on what’s most important to them. Almost every feature and improvement made to the app in version 2018 is a direct result of community input through the ON1 Photo RAW Project. “We are very excited to make the Photo RAW 2018 Beta freely available to the worldwide photography community this Friday. Over the next few weeks we will solicit user feedback and put the finishing touches on the app for an end of October release,” said Dan Harlacher, Director of Product Management. This type of transparency is what customers can continue to expect from the ON1 team. This process has solidified ON1 Photo RAW as the app designed by photographers for photographers.
ON1 Photo RAW 2018 will be updated and enhanced in many areas. Key new features will include the following.
- ON1 HDR – Create stunning HDR photos that merge all tonality from a bracket of photos in a fraction of the time (test results have shown up to seven times faster than other HDR apps). Automatically aligns photos and removes ghosting from motion between exposures. Includes full non-destructive editing with natural results and can be turned up to 11 for a surreal look.
- Pano Stitching – Combine multiple photos into a single panoramic or matrix photo. Automatically aligns photos, even if they are not shot on a tripod, and blends them together seamlessly. An option to embed panoramic metadata for Facebook panning is also available.
- Global Mask Editing Tools – These include new mask Density and Feather sliders to allow for changing the density or opacity of masks as well as blur masks for softening.
- Luminosity Mask Updates – Adjust the levels of a mask to increase the contrast or brightness as well as set a tonal window to only affect a certain zone. These updates allow users to target just the area they want, based on the photo.
- Color Range Masks – Create a mask from a color range selection.
- Blur and Chisel Mask Tools – In ON1 Effects, the Blur and Chisel mask tools are now included. The blur tool is perfect for softening or feathering a mask selectively. The Chisel tool lets the user push or pull the edge selectively, to remove halos. All of these new masking options are re-editable and non- destructive.
- Versions — Versions are virtual copies of the same photo. Each version created can include non-destructive settings, including crop, retouching and adjustments. Versions work just like any other photo without taking up more space on your computer.
- Updated UI — Clean and modern UI where your photo is the center of attention. Custom name filters and layers to easier keep track of work. Also select your own UI accent color.
- Paint with Color Brush — Painting with color can be a solid color, perfect for skin smoothing and making annotation layers, or paint with just the color and leave the underlying luminosity in place to change the color of objects like eyes.
- Selectively Add or Remove Noise — Brush away noise in areas like skies or add noise for an artistic effect.
- ON1 Photo for Mobile — Take the best shots with you on the go with the free ON1 Photo for Mobile app. It’s a great way to share portfolios. It can also sync new photos taken on phones back to the desktop so those photos are ready for editing.
- Additional Camera & Lens Support — Added support for the Nikon D850, Olympus EM-10 III and Panasonic DMC-G85, plus a ton of new lenses.ON1 Photo RAW 2018 will differentiate itself from other apps by allowing photographers to both browse and catalog their photos from the very beginning of their workflow. This hybrid system provides one of the fastest ways to manage and organize photos. The ultra fast photo browser is perfect for quickly viewing and culling through photos without having to wait on an import process. Once the culling process is complete, the ability to create and catalog those photos is the next step in most common workflows.
There is plenty more available within the apps non-destructive workflow in terms of photo development. These features include re- editable adjustments such as exposure, contrast, color, shadows, highlights, lens correction, and transform tools. The hundreds of unique photo effects are also perfect for finishing off your photos to add that extra punch. Photographers have complete control of how each effect is applied using masking brushes, gradients masks, and local adjustments. Each effect is also completely customizable to save any look as a custom preset.
Photo editing technologies such as live blending options, apply to, smart layers, smart photos, and mask refinement tools also make ON1 Photo RAW 2018 a more advanced pixel editor without having to launch a separate app. The ability to combine photos together with layers, masks, and selectively apply filters and effects to raw photos gives users a big advantage.
Don’t let the name fool you; ON1 Photo RAW 2018 isn’t just for raw files. Supported file formats include JPEG, TIF, PSD, PSB, PNG, and DNG are supported and benefit from the speed, performance, and abundance of editing tools in the app. Photo RAW 2018 also continues to work seamlessly within current photography workflows. The app integrates as a plug-in for Adobe® Lightroom® and Photoshop® and further builds its case as a complete standalone photo editor. Version 2018 also integrates with the major cloud services to allow for uploading, managing and editing photos across multiple computers. This also allows users to sync photos and their edits across multiple computers or in a studio setting.
Price and Availability
ON1 Photo RAW 2018 will be available for download as a free public beta on October 6th from the ON1 website. Previous owners of any ON1 app (or ON1 plug-in) can upgrade for just $79.99, regularly $99.99. Those who don’t own an ON1 app can pre-order for $119.99.
For a limited time, ON1 Photo RAW 2018 is bundled with some excellent bonus materials which will include: Three ON1 Photo RAW 2018 Courses by Product Director Dan Harlacher, and all of their 2017 and 2018 Loyalty Rewards. A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2018 works with both Mac and Windows and includes activation on up to five computers. The full release of ON1 Photo RAW 2018 is currently scheduled for the end of October. ON1 will also be releasing another update to the previous version, ON1 Photo RAW 2017, later this year. This update will include support for new cameras, lenses, and bug fixes.
Samples of the beautiful new interface:
‘Tis the Season… of Giving! The wait is almost over for the official release of ON1 Photo RAW 2017, the best new raw processor and photo editor coming December 19th! They’ve teamed up with some of the best in the industry to give away over $420 worth of photography content and training – yours absolutely FREE!
Sign up for update emails, and each day your email will list a new FREEBIE from On1 – starting today!
To Enter – and to Pre-order On1 Photo RAW 2017, please click the banner:
For those who are seeking an alternative digital photography workflow, or an adjunct to their usual Lightroom/Photoshop workflow – NEW! ON1 Photo RAW is going to be the option for you. RAW won’t be available for release until November 23rd, but in the meantime, you can learn all about what the On1 Workflow can do for you – and now – for FREE (limited videos in free option). This is a great opportunity to see what options are available to you, and take a look into On1’s own training and information site. Please click the banner for more information on On1 PLUS!
On1 has created an excellent video on the relative speed of processing a photo using their new (coming soon) Photo RAW software, vs their existing On1 Photo 10.5 (which I’ve been using, and loving). Check out the video here.
On1 is offering an excellent deal – a Presale of Photo RAW prior to it’s release – buy Photo 10.5 now, and the upgrade to RAW is FREE on release. Click the link below to check out the deal!
ON1 Photo 10 now + ON1 Photo RAW Free (Fall 2016)
Click the banner and enter each week to win:
On1 Photo RAW and a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Interactive Pen and Touch
12.9 inch Silver 128 GB Apple iPad Pro
$1000 B&H Photo Gift Card
Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera with a 16-50mm lens
$1000 Amazon Gift Card
DJO PHantom 4 Qudacopter with 4K/12MP Camera
And, in the meantime, click ON1 Effects 10 FREE to download a free version of the On1 set of Photoshop plugins