ON1, Inc. announced ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5, the latest update to their all-in-one photo organizer, editor, raw processor and effects app for macOS® and Microsoft® Windows®. Version 2017.5 adds powerful new features optimized for performance and ease of use.
ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 Enhancements Include:
- LENS CORRECTION – The new Lens Correction pane will automatically detect supported lenses and reduce distortion, chromatic aberration and peripheral fall-off
- COMPARE MODE– Select a series of photos (up to 15) and zoom and pan each of them all at the same time
- DETAILS PANE – Sharpening and Noise Reduction are improved and have been merged into a new Details Pane in Develop for global corrections tailored for raw photos giving better results in both areas
- IMPROVED SEARCH – Search using a variety of metadata fields and decide if the search must match all or any of the search criteria
- CLONE STAMP – The powerful clone stamp retouching tool from Layers is now inside Develop and Effects as part of the non-destructive workflow
- STACKING PRESETS– The Insert Preset command is now available to stack presets in Effects
- IMPROVED PRESET MANAGEMENT – Delete and rename preset categories as well as export categories for sharing and back-up
- LIGHTROOM® MIGRATION ASSISTANT– Migrate photos, their metadata and collections from Lightroom to ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5
- CAMERA UPDATES – Apple iPad Pro 9.7, Canon EOS T7i/ 800D / Kiss X9i, Canon EOS M6, Canon EOS 77D / 9000D, Fuji X100F (compressed), Huawei Mate 9, Panasonic LX10, Olympus Pen F, Panasonic DC-ZS70 / TZ90, Pentax KP, Olympus E-PL3, Sony?NEX5n, and Sony Alpha ILCE 9
- UPDATES AND BUG FIXES – Several more performance upgrades and bug fixes including reduced memory footprint, increased stability and fixed user-reported issues
Price and Availability
ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 is available today with an introductory price of $99.99, regularly $119.99. Previous owners of ON1 Photo (or Perfect Photo Suite) can upgrade for just $79.99, regularly $99.99. For a limited time, ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 is bundled with some excellent training materials. Four ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 Master Courses by industry leading educator Matt Kloskowski and Director of Product Dan Harlacher are free with purchase. Also included is activation via user account for up to five computers. A full-functioning 30-day free trial is also available for download from the ON1 website.
About ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5
The NEW all-in-one photo organizer, editor, raw processor, and effects app is just what photographers have been waiting for. It includes the best new and must-have ON1 editing features and tools for opening, viewing, and editing photos in an instant. The next generation of ON1 Photo works as a standalone photo editor, a plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® & Lightroom®, or a host app for other editing apps.
ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 also supports the key online storage services, including Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft’s OneDrive. ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 works on both macOS and Microsoft Windows. Version 2017.5 also supports Adobe® Photoshop® CC or CS6, Lightroom® CC/6, 5, Photoshop Elements® 15, 14 and 13.
ON1 Isn’t Done Yet
There are still more free updates coming to ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 this summer. Prioritizing user feedback is a top priority for the company. ON1 President Craig Keudell states, “We can’t be successful unless we listen to the photography community. Our main goal and something people rarely see from other companies, is the transparency with the way we develop our products. Several features and improvements in this release are the result of feedback from the ON1 community.” Today, ON1 users can go to the ON1 Photo Project and submit ideas and feature requests. Every submission is reviewed and the more votes each idea or submission gets, the higher the likelihood it will get added into development of the app.
ON1 was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Portland, Oregon. It is a privately held company consisting of a team of professional photographers, photography enthusiasts and software experts who share a passion for photography.
For over ten years, ON1 has delivered upon the ON1 promise of saving photographers time and frustration editing their photos so they can spend more time behind the camera. The ON1 promise includes the belief customers should have complete control of their photography software. From the feature set, training topics important to them, the workflow they choose (plug-in or standalone app), the preferred computing platform or cloud service, or even how they purchase their software (subscription or a perpetual license). With ON1, the customer is in complete control of their photography experience today, tomorrow and well into the future.
Please follow and like us: