I’ve been speaking so highly of On1 Photo RAW for so long, I’ll bet you know all the previous features by heart! If you don’t, I recommend you check out their site for the wealth of information on just how this can be the MOST powerful image editing program you can use. Yes – I said it! As far as image editing, this program is in SO MANY ways more intuitive and simpler to use than Photoshop (and you KNOW I LOVE PHOTOSHOP!), and since it has so many “automatic” features that you can tweak, I feel that in many ways this give the user greater power to perfect their images in a more efficient manner. AND, the license is a LICENSE, NOT A SUBSCRIPTION!
With Photo RAW 2020, you’ll encounter SO many new, exciting AI-based features, even avid Photoshoppers will find themselves opening On1, just to plain ‘ol get things done.
Here’s some of what’s new in this version:
- New AI Match — Match how your raw photos look to what you saw on the back of the camera. This automatically detects when you shoot in black and white or custom film looks in your camera.
- New AI Auto Tone — The new algorithm does a much better job on all types of photos, also controls the amount of auto-tone you want. By analyzing thousands of photos, the algorithm has learned how to do an even better job, especially on tough images.
- New Speed & Performance Updates — Opening raw files in Edit is up to two times faster, and brushing is smoother, even on integrated graphics cards.
- Enhanced Raw Processing for Fujifilm – The decoding of Fujifilm X-Trans raw files has been improved to reduce scalloping and other artifacts.
- New Hottest and Trending Presets — Over 100 new looks and styles curated from today’s hottest photographic trends. We also added tons of new skies, backgrounds, and textures for your masking pleasure.
- New SmugMug Integration — Select photos and videos, then publish them to any of your SmugMug galleries. Even create new galleries and control the size of the photos you upload. I love my Smugmug membership, and if you use their service, this new function is a BOON!
- New Custom Camera Profiles — Get predictable, natural color results by creating custom profiles for your camera and lights. We have partnered with X-Rite, the leader in color management, to make this easy. Photograph an X-Rite target with your camera, then import it into ON1 Photo RAW, then send it to the X-Rite Camera Profiler software to build a custom camera profile.
- Better Noise Reduction — The new state-of-art noise reduction algorithm can reduce noise, both color and luminance independently, while maintaining detail, even with today’s ultra high-ISO cameras.
- New Color Balance Filter — Remove a cross color cast from the shadows or highlights or create unique duotone or tritone tints by adjusting the color and brightness of the highlights, mid-tones or shadows.
- New Weather Filter — With the new Weather filter in Effects, you can add rain, snow, and fog to your photos to create a realistic atmosphere.
- New Channel Mixer Filter — For precise black and white conversions, channel swaps for infrared, or shift entire color ranges.
- New Sun Flare Filter — Add realistic sun spots, lens flares, and bokeh to your shots all powered by real photographs from renowned photographer and educator Matt Kloskowski.
- New Print Module — Print contact sheets, a wall portrait, or tile multiple photos into package prints, the improved print dialog can handle it all. Easily print individual images. Also, print multiple photos on one piece of paper to create packages like 2 5×7’s or 4 4×5’s. Add watermarks and sharpen before you print.
- New Timeline Albums — Exploring your photos by date has never been easier. The new automatic timeline albums organize your photos by year, month, and day.
- New Map View — View where your photos were taken on a map, explore photo locations, and add location metadata to photos that don’t have GPS metadata. Even search by location address to find photos quickly, without having to add additional metadata.
- New Focus Mask Overlay — Now you can view what’s in-focus in our photos easily. The new Focus Mask overlay marks the areas of best focus with green so you can compare similar photos and pick out the sharpest photo quickly.
- More Language Support — ON1 Photo RAW is now localized into eleven languages, giving many more photographers access to the best photo editor out there. It currently supports English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, and Dutch.
- New Enhancements — Before/after image preview splitter, control preset opacity from the preset browser, Windows installer now gives the option to install on other drive, UNC paths on Windows, Lossy Canon CR3 support, Visualize brushstrokes with a red overlay.
- New Camera and Lens Support Added
And all this is just for their initial release of 2020! Updates and upgrades will introduce more features.
And remember, On1 Photo RAW 2020 can stand alone, or can be used as a plugin for Photoshop – so you get the best of both worlds!
Price and Availability.
ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is available today for download from the ON1 website. Previous owners of any ON1 product can order the upgrade for just $79.99, and those who don’t own earlier versions of ON1 can order the full version for $99.99. For a limited time, ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is bundled with launch bonuses that include an additional 100 pack of presets covering some of the hottest looks and trends. A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2020 works with both Mac and Windows and is a perpetual license (own it forever) for activation on up to five computers. A free 30-day trial with no watermarking and no credit card required is also available from the ON1 website.